Our mission statement was devised when the new school building was established in 1996, but still accurately encapsulates what Cwmtawe stands for to this day.
“We can and we will succeed by working together and giving of our best”
Our Main Aims
Our aims as a school are not just academic. We want to develop life-long skills within all our pupils to equip them for life beyond school. Above all, we want pupils to enjoy their time in school and look back on their education with pride.
Our main aims are:
- To develop responsible citizens who respect others, able to live life to full.
- To contribute to pupils’ social, moral and physical development as well as academic success.
- To develop knowledge, skills and positive attitudes to succeed in further education, higher education and in everyday life and work.
- To develop personal qualities such as integrity and honesty, perseverance, initiative and encourage polite and considerate behaviour.
- To encourage active involvement in the local and wider community.
In order to achieve these aims, we have clear expectations of all our pupils. They are:
- To attend school regularly.
- To behave impeccably in and around the school and throughout the local community.
- To work hard and do their best in all that they are asked to do.