It is essential that all pupils have the skills they need to enable them to study and learn efficiently. These are important life skills and are essential for pupils to excel in school examinations. All our pupils have opportunities to develop study skills across the curriculum and through the PSHE programme.
Pupils are encouraged to consider the following guidance:
- Getting organised to study – having a quiet place to work and organising homework and revision well.
- Time management – setting blocks of time aside to complete work and revision, without rushing tasks.
- Effective reading strategies – regular reading is essential for pupils to do well in school. Setting time aside each day to read will improve performance in school.
- Developing writing skills – there are lots of opportunities in school for pupils to develop their writing skills.
- Revision skills – planning revision well in advance of examinations, working in small ‘bite size’ chunks and regularly consolidating knowledge throughout the year will help pupils perform well in exams.